8/25/11

The Help

For those of you who haven't seen this movie [The Help] I suggest you go and see it, right away! . . . Go, what are you still reading this for!
Yes, the movie is just what it sounds like, it's about the help, the maids, the housekeepers and child raisers, the slaves.
My mom says it was a really good book, so if you're more of a reader, than maybe that would be better for you, BUT she did also so that the movie was a perfect match up to the book.

Without giving too much away, it's about these women,

Who serve these women,







And finally decide they are fed up and that their story needs to be told, and their stories are definitely tear jerkers.

I have to admit that I feel a little sting of awkwardness when I watch movies about the slaves. In a room full of white people, how do you not feel awkward? I'm feeling upset, and a lot of hatred, but I always wondered what the white people feel.
Obviously I'm not anywhere near full black, but that little bit in me is enough that I would have been a slave in the day.
It's great though to think of the people that went through hell like that so that I can go to public school with white kids, so that I can ride in the front of the bus, so that I am treated as a human being and not an animal.
So, thank you every African American that stood up for who they were and weren't ashamed of it.

1 comment:

  1. it was awesome to go with you!
    i'm grateful for all those people too cuz without them i would've been hung just for havin ya!;D

    ReplyDelete