8/23/11

School Days

Michael starts school tomorrow morning. His first class is at 8, so lucky me, I get to play Mom and wake up nice and early to make him a nice breakfast (:
I feel like I'm sending a child off to school.
We stopped by Walmart today to buy him some supplies, (and a movie cause he likes to act like he is so picked on because he has to go to school in the morning) and some things to make him his YAY-school-is-here-breakfast.

While we were walking to our car after getting his student ID, I asked him, "Why did you decide to go back to school?"
Michael graduated in 2009 from Delta High and has never been to college, until now.
I didn't think his decision to go back to school had anything to do with me. When we were
very first dating (like a week into it!) he told me he wanted to go back to school, because it seemed like a good idea. So I just figured he was finally tired of bumming around Delta, Utah and wanted to get out and make something of his life.

BUT, I was wrong.
I'm not sure if his answer was cute, or insulting.

Michael: "I'm going back to school because of you."
Me: "Why? I never told you that you should go back to school."
Michael: "I know, but when I first met you, I thought 'If I want to keep this girl, I better go back to school', so here I am."
Me: "Yes, but why did you think that?"
Michael: "Because you looked really high maintenance, so I figured I'd need a good job to support all the things you were going to want."

See? very cute and sweet... but I wasn't sure how to take the high maintenance part.
So I asked him, "Am I as high maintenance as you thought I was going to be?"
Michael: "Oh yeah."


2 comments:

  1. that kid is no dummy.;p
    he looks cute in all his gear.
    and, your blog looks super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom (: yeah he looked good in all that welding stuff haha

    ReplyDelete