4/4/11

Finally tamed the beast

As y'all know I have the worst yet best hair.
It's much too frizzy, but I love that it's curly.
As I got older, I learned to appreciate my curly hair a whole lot more, I hardly ever straighten it anymore.
You were right mom!
However, it's hard to keep my hair from frizzing up like a big cotton ball.
My mom suggested going and getting a Brazilian Blowout... it's a hair treatment that restores the keratin in your hair and straightens out your curl, so when your hair air dries it goes from the picture on the left to the picture on the right...



pretty cool huh?! I had an appointment to go and get it done last weekend (its super expensive, but Capelli had a good deal going on for $99) but due to a power outage I wasn't able to get it done. I was going to make another appointment, but I discovered something that is seeming to work wonders, and its costing me a whole lot less!

At Walmart I found Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy shampoo, conditioner, and anti-breakage serum. It has made my hair so much smoother, and much more under control! Not only do I use those, but a product by Wild Harvest Hair called Surf Head(Sea Salt) has been helping out a lot also.

My hair went from doing this when I blow dried it...




To looking like this...



My hair doesn't have any residue on it, it's not greasy, it isn't dry and frizzy, but it's very soft and a whole lot flatter than usual!

It's still got really good curl,



it's just a little more contained(:

My mane is finally tamed!!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! it does look lots better. i found it at walmart but decided not to get it for maya because it's supposed to relax your curl over time and i want hers to stay crassy curly like it is.

    ReplyDelete